Who we are
We are passionate about Space and Yorkshire.
Space Hub Yorkshire is a coordinator of Space activity across the region, a catalyst for new satellite and geospatial data markets, a source of Space expertise, a facilitator of new collaborations, a driver of investments, a champion for Space start-ups and an advocate for Space research and industry opportunities.
Unlocking Space for the people and businesses of Yorkshire. Connecting, promoting, and guiding innovation. Raising skills, raising aspiration. Championing inclusion. Delivering prosperity.
What is Space?
The Space sector is more than astronauts and galaxies. It is:
– Monitoring the environment with Earth Observation satellites
– Connecting the world through Telecommunications
– Navigating with Global Positioning Services
– Designing and building planes, rockets and satellites
– Developing new materials for aerospace and computing
– Creating techniques and tools for analysing the data
– Inspiring the world with science fiction and art
And the people who do these roles.
What we offer
- Funding opportunities
- Business development events and support
- A way in to cutting-edge research in academia
- Access to skills
- A framework to facilitate new collaborations
- Links to industry
- Opportunity to host interns
- Talks, practical sessions and resources to inform and inspire
- Access to scientists and industry professionals
- Jobs, career advice and opportunities
- Internships in the Space sector
- Training programmes
Join our network
We’d like to send you opportunities.
Back in early April, Space Hub Yorkshire were kindly invited to speak at the South Yorkshire IoT Meet Up – hosted at the Digital Media Centre in Barnsley. It was…
Register here Space Hub Yorkshire presents the UK SAR Workshop. SAR – Synthetic Aperture Radar – is an active imaging process with applications to environment, civil and defence sectors. SAR…
Representatives from Space Hub Yorkshire attended the launch of the UK Ministry of Defence’s Defence Space Strategy. It was an opportunity to hear from ministers, civil servants and military leaders…